Download My Mixtape

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO DOWNLOAD

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am a Mac


Track 03 - Big Chops


In my Mass Media class we've been talking a lot about consumerism and my gears started shifting and i realized sumfin quite obvious, but very subtle...I'm a Mac. Like aside from the fact that I am a Mac User, I fit the "Mac Image". Mac has become more than a personal computer, in the past few years its become a lifestyle.

I am a part of the Mac lifestyle in the demographical sense. I wear frameless eye glasses. I'm an artist and enjoy being in the presense of other artists. I'm politically aware (to an extent) and I'm a left wing voter. I listen to indie music. I wear Gap and Old Navy jeans. When i'm not wearing my timbos i'm wearing comfortable walkin joints like New Bals. I eat organically when it's convenient. I buy vinyl records and visit used book stores and use cafe wireless internet to blog from time to time. I find refuge in meditation, cigarettes, and walking thru parks and love. I enjoy live music and outdoor concerts. And Most of the people i surround myself with are the same

Like when i think of shyt like this i think that these are the traits of Mac users; young hip artsy liberally free minded dreamers of all shapes sizes, ages and races. That being said, U Street and Dupont Circle (pause) back home in DC are easily a Mac Users Heaven because all of the things i listed above could be found in one way or another. I became a Mac about a year before they became popular...before i had one, but now that they are heavily advertised i can c that the commercial was easily talkin to me; the young liberal artist instead of the old conservative balding suit and tie guy that comes home from work and is too tired to enjoy life. It even turns my stomach when i see Pharell in the PC commercials. I'm in denial that he really is a PC....like Mac is the industry standard, it's like blasphemy to run Protools on a fuckin Dell....jus sayin tho.
My president is a Mac too : )

No comments:

Post a Comment