Download My Mixtape

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO DOWNLOAD

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Top Five Albums

No Particular Order (in my opinion)

1) Bob Dylan- Desire
That nigga Bob went in with political tracks like "Hurricane" and stories like (my favorite song ever) "One More Cup of Coffee". This album opened me up to music that wasnt Hip Hop and broadened my horizons for wut good music is.

2) Notorious B.I.G.- Ready to Die
This is thee Most Complete Hip-Hop album in the history of Hip-Hop. Big was hungry for his spot. Nothing was left untouched on this album; Story tellin, Braggadocio shyt, Gangsterism, Joints for the Shorties, Personal Joints. For any Hip-Hop head, Ready to Die is the quintessential album for ur collection.

3) Purple Rain- Prince
This doesn't need an explanation.....it's fuckin Prince. That nigga is like every God known to man wrapped up in one and handed a guitar. (this is my number 1 favorite album)

4) NWA- Straight Outta Compton
Cube set all them up wit the bars (don't act like u thought Eazy E could actually write, he admitted Cube writes for him on the 8Ball rmx). This was a controversial album for understandable reasons, but the political undertone is more than ignored in this album. This album change the game forever....FOREVER!!!!

5) Ghostface Killa- Ironman/Supreme Clientele
My favorite emcee came wit the hard on these too albums...so i always have a hard time choosin which one i like more. Ironman was more organic and raw wit joints like "260", "Black Jesus" and "Winter Warz" (Cappadonna was spittin his face off. I heard it was a freestyle too). I didn't appreciate "All That I Got is You" as much as i should've until i saw the video. That nigga was dirt ass poor.
Supreme Clientele was Ghost wit less restriction. None of that niggas lyrics made sense until u lissened to it like 6 times lol (Nutmeg, Appollo Kids, and Buck 50). That nigga Ghost showed his story tellin side when he rapped about beatin up Ma$e in a club on the song "Malcolm" and a shorty he wanted to fuck when he was a kid on "Child Story".

*****Keep it Goin*****

fav track: One More Cup of Coffee
fav trak: Nutmeg
fav trak: Winter Warz
fav trak: Everyday Struggle
sidenote: I wonder wut the baby on the cover is doin wit his life now. hmmmmm...
fav trak: I Ain't the One
fav track: The Beautiful Ones

No comments:

Post a Comment